Kale, Potato and Chicken Soup

This was such a yummy soup and I have some awesome people to thank for it!

So first things first.
I got this recipe from a book called The Kinfolk Table.
Kinfolk is an amazing magazine subscription you can get. I first heard about it when I saw one of their magazines in Anthropologie
So check both of these things out! The store and the magazines.

Anthropologie

Kinfolk

So, back to the recipe!

Kale Potato and Chicken Soup

Whole chicken roasted
3 cups raw kale
1 lb. red potatos
1/2 onion
1/2 lemon
6 cups vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to taste
2 T. chopped dill








First the chicken. If you want to roast your own chicken that's totally fine. I went ahead and bought one of those chickens you can get warm at your grocery and it worked great. I ended just using the breasts and some of the thighs. That was plenty.
When I had the chicken in pieces and set aside I went ahead and sautéed the kale. I tore it up in small pieces and added it to a hot pan with some olive oil until it was slightly wilted. I love the body kale has so I didn't sauté it much pasted slightly wilted. You want it to have some great bite.
In my big pot I cook the onions with some olive oil until the are nice and soft. I then add the dill and veggie stock and the potatoes that I quartered. I love cooking them in the stock because they bring in so much of that yummy flavor. I season it also with a bit of salt and pepper.
When the potatoes are cook and tender to the fork I add the chicken and kale just till it's all bubbly and warmed through.
There you have it. Yum! So good for a winters day!

Comments

Most Popular Posts