Is Disney Movie Club Worth It?


We've all seen the ad on the side of our Facebook page. 
"4 movies for $1!" 
But is it true? Is this site really worth it? 
Being a huge Disney movie fan, I was super curious. I have known my fair share of scams and bad deals and I was sure this wasn't going to be a good idea. My sweet husband knew how much I loved Disney though and so he decided to give it a shot. 

This may have been the best thing we ever subscribed to. 
It was awesome! 

First let me explain to you how it works, then I will explain how it's a good deal and who should consider signing up. 

Disney Movie Club is an online store where you can take advantage of buying all the Disney movies that are out and available to the public during that time, It's quick, easy to use, and kid-friendly. 

The 4 movies for $1 is indeed true. 

When you go to the website and sign-up for the first time you will get to buy six movies (the offer changes slightly from time to time). Five of those movies will actually be a dollar and the sixth one was $25 for me. So that's a little less than $30. 
That's a good deal! You get to pick out whatever movies you desire. It's not just the cheap versions. I got all Blu-Ray/DVD combos and a couple digital copies as well. 

Here's the kicker. 
To keep these movies for a dollar you have to promise them you'll buy 4 more full priced movies within two years. 
If you're anything like me, buying four Disney movies in two years is simple. We signed up in December of 2014 to build our Disney movie collection and had that fulfilled by July of 2015.
If you don't purchase four more movies in two years they will make you pay the difference for the four movies you got for a dollar. That's around $100 that you will lose when you could spend it on another 4 movies.

The site does a good job at keeping track of when you buy a full-priced movie and how many you have left to buy. They also have great customer service, so ask them anything and they will help you get what you need whenever you need it. One time, they didn't have the pin I wanted anymore so they gave me a credit to get another free one whenever I wanted! 

When you have fulfilled the four movie requirement, you become a VIP member. 
This has been a lot of fun. You get some pretty good sale deals. Also, anytime you buy a full-priced movie you get a free Disney pin (those are what people put on their lanyards when they go to a Disney Park). They run between $5-10 so that's pretty good to get for free. 

There's more. They have another website called Disney Movie Rewards. 

Anyone can use this website. You know all those papers inside your DVD's with codes? Those codes are for this website. You enter the code on DMR and get points. The codes never expire. So get out all your old DVD's and do this now! They rack up fast and you can get something free really quickly. They also have stuff that's free all the time that you can just take advantage of. You can use your points to redeem movies, toys, and merchandise. You can even redeem points for the cd's you buy and the Disney movies you see in theatres.  

Now, is this a good deal for everyone? Did I save any money purchasing movies this way? 
Yes! I saved a ton of money. 



For those of you not interested, here's how much I saved on movies. 
This year I bought 28 movies on Disney Movie Club. The total was $425.99. This includes the 5 movies I got for a dollar. Also if you look above you'll see 3 packages with seven films. Disney Movie Club has a lot of their movies paired together and it is such a good deal. 
For example, in the second row, fourth movie over, you see Emperor's New Groove and Kronk's New Groove all in one box. It's cheaper that way. 

If I had bought all these movies on Amazon (where I normally bought films), the total would have been $552.12. 
That means I saved $126.13 just from buying all the movies from Disney Movie Club.  

So, if you are only interested in buying Disney movies and not taking advantage of their other deals, it's already a great way to save! 

If you're anything like me though you'll love the rewards. 
As a VIP member (I've been VIP for 6 months) I have already received 4 free pins and two pretty lithographs (unique drawings and prints that come with some of the movies). 
When I used Disney Movie Rewards over the past year, I received four of the above movies for free. 
That's a total of $140.80 worth of free stuff from both websites!!!
Who doesn't love free stuff?!?! 

That means I have saved a total of $266.93!! 

Conclusion, 
If you are looking to buy more Disney movies and want to build your collection this is a great deal. 
It's a great deal whether you are into rewards or if you are just into the movies! 

Remember they have all the Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars movies now. That's something for everyone in your family! 
My husband and I plan to buy the new Pixar movie The Good Dinosaur, Disney's A Snow White (that just came out of the vault), Marvel's Ant Man and Star Wars: The Force Awakens all on the same website and we will get some great savings buying them all at the same time. 

If you are interested in using Disney Movie Club you can click this link and get your five free movies and help me out as well! 

If you want to look at their websites you can look here: 

Let me know if you have any questions! It's been a lot of fun and I want everyone to enjoy it as much as I have. 



Comments

Most Popular Posts