Skinny Chocolate

If you’re anything like me you love dessert.
Especially anything chocolate.
The problem is a lot of chocolate and chocolate desserts really aren’t healthy for you and can totally kill you diet.
We thanks to my mom who has been doing the Trim Healthy Mama cook book I have found a great chocolate recipe that really soothes my craving. And it has given me a ton of other ideas to make other healthy guilt free desserts as well.

Below I’ll share with you my recipe for chocolates that are totally guilt free. If you’ve used trim healthy mama before that’s where this came from but I changed to fit what I enjoy and use. Later in other posts I’ll share some of the other chocolate recipes I’ve come up with.

Here are some things I’ve noticed since starting to try and be healthier. These are things you can change to fit your lifestyle. Make it your own!

1. For me, I could not give up everything. I love food and I love to eat. So I choose where I’m going to eat my calories. I’ll eat healthy during the week or during the day so I can eat that bowl of pasta on Friday or eat two Oreos after dinner one night. For me it’s all about balance. So I may post some not so guilt free recipes every so often and just know it’s because every once in a while I like to eat junk food too!

2. I actually am allergic to caffeine. Which means no coffee, soda, tea or chocolate. Yes I said no chocolate. The recipes I post that are chocolatey and delicious are made with carob. It’s an all natural substitute for chocolate. It’s a tad bit sweeter but tastes pretty similar.  Cocoa powder or chocolate chips can be subbed into any of my recipes in the same proportion I have here for the carob powder. If you have a sensitive tummy to chocolate or caffeine too check it out. It’s changed my life!
Carob Powder

3. I’m also trying to. It down on the amount of sugar I use in my diet. I was eating a ton of sugar and it wasn’t making me feel good at all. So when I bake or make desserts for myself I don’t use sugar I use a substitute. Now when I do have sugar at someone else’s house or when I go out I don’t feel as guilty because I’m getting a lot less of it. (I do still find sugar in some dressings and canned items but I generally still use the these as well every once in a while.) what I use is called Erythritol. It’s an all natural product made from sugar alcohol. It tastes just like sugar buts a little sweeter and has no calories! If you’ve tried Truvia or Stevia and don’t prefer the taste like I did try Erythritol.
Erythritol



















Skinny Chocolates

1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup of almond or coconut milk (or milk of your choosing)
1/2 cup carob powder (or cocoa powder)
2 teaspoons of sweetener of your choice (I use erythritol. If you use this blend it finely in a food processor or blender)
Pinch of salt

Melt the coconut oil in the microwave just till it’s melted.
Mix in the carob powder, sweetener, and salt.
Mix completely.
Pour into ice cube trays or silicone candy molds if you have them. (I used to ice cube trays).
Only fill the ice cube trays 1/3 of the way. These candies are very rich. You only need one
Put trays in the freezer for an hour. Then they can be popped out. I keep mine in a container in the fridge for whenever I want one!

*you can take out the milk entirely if you don’t want it in there. I just find it makes the candy creamier and more palletable.

There is also a Reese’s version I love too!

1 batch of Skinny chocolate mix still melted
1/2 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup peanut flour (this is peanut butter without the fat! Find it in the peanut butter section)
Pinch of salt
2 1/2 teaspoons of sweetener

Melt the coconut oil in the microwave.
Mix the coconut oil, peanut flour, salt and sweetener till fully mixed.
Fill the ice cube trays 1/4 of the way with chocolate and then put them in the freezer for ten minutes. You’ll need four trays for this recipe.
When the chocolate is mostly hard fill the trays with peanut mixture until they are just half full. Freeze for an hour and then pop them out and put them into a container in the fridge.

*if you want a creamier candy you can use 1/4 cup of peanut flower and 1/4 cup of real peanut butter instead of 3/4 cup of peanut flour.

Check out these recipes and make your own! You don’t have to give up chocolate if you’re trying to be healthier. Just find new ways to eat it!



Most Popular Posts