What They Don't Tell You About Being A Woman




As I post this last section in a series of three articles I've written (check them out in my archive on the left), I'm thinking this should have gone first. But, it's hard to think about your weaknesses. I debated back and forth about writing this one because it encompasses the articles I wrote previously. But, I think it's important enough to get it's own article. This actually may be the most important one I've written yet.
Below are myths I tell myself. I need a daily reminder from Jesus that I am more than this. That you are more than this!
1. I wish I was more confident.
I've never been confident in myself. I'm not sure why but I haven't been. People can be very encouraging sometimes and I just shut it down. If someone gives me a compliment I should take it and smile in my heart. We are beautiful creatures of God and should be confident in that.
2. I wish I weighed less.
This has always been a struggle for me. Now I know what you're thinking. It's the same thing people have always told me. "You're so skinny!" "You don't need to lose weight!" Those things may seem to true on the outside but the end up hurting more than helping. I feel like I am allowed to have my own goals of being a healthier me even if I don't have tons of weight to lose. Before I had my son I wish I weighed less and now I just wish I weighed what I did before I had him. We all have our own goals and we should all learn to encourage each other a little more.
3. I wish I was more talented.
When I think about what I've done in my life for my age, compared to a lot, I've had a full life. But I've always considered myself mediocre at a lot of hobbies. Instead of really good at one or two. Some would call that well rounded. I wanted to be amazing at piano, amazing at singing, amazing at acting. Amazing at media. I'm okay at all of it. But that's on me! If I wanted to be better at something I need to work harder. I never put in the kind of effort some people do to be amazing at their art. And if I'm okay with that, it's okay to be good at many things. God has used my talents in amazing ways and that's what matters!
4. I wish I was kinder.
We've all heard the fruit of the spirit. Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. Well I learned something the other day that was a bit mind blowing. It's not "the fruits of the spirit", it's "the FRUIT of the spirit!" The are all one. Believers are expected to have all of those. Not some of them. That's a hard task! I struggle with all of them at some point or another probably every week, but I know I really struggle with kindness. It's hard to be kind to your coworkers, your family, your spouse, your kids, and yourself. We can't have the fruit of the spirit without Jesus. But with his help everyday we can be better to the people around us.
5. I wish I was a better Christian.
This goes back up to number four above. I get down on myself often about not getting my bible reading done or done right, not praying enough, not sharing Jesus with everyone, being embarrassed about something I did or said. We cannot expect to be better if we are not relying on Jesus to help us every single moment on every single day. We'll mess up. We're human, it'll happen. But if we surrender ourselves everyday we may get an it closer as each day goes by.

Im learning everyday that I'm enough, with Jesus.
I cannot do it without him.
But I'm also enough. Do not get down on yourself for not being perfect. We're human. Let's be human together.

Psalm 139:19
“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.”

1 Corinthians 16:14

"Let everything you do be done in love." 

1 Chronicles 16:11

"Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face continually."




Most Popular Posts