Egg Roll In A Bowl

Eating healthy and “whole 30” is so popular right now and we all love to eat junk food but who can afford to do that after Christmas? We have to get back in shape!
A super popular recipe right now is something called egg roll in a bowl and I finally tried and let me tell you, it’s delicious!
(Also, stop calling it crack slaw. Those names for food make you sound really unintelligent.)
I did things a little different than the normal recipe and it makes it so much better so give it a shot!

Egg Roll In A Bowl



Serves 4 people, small portions

1 pound ground turkey (could use ground beef or pork)
1 bag Taylor Farms stir fry veggies (I’ll explain below)
1 tablespoon ginger (optional)
1 clove garlic smashed (optional)
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce (optional)
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
Sriracha for topping

In a sauté pan brown the ground turkey.
Drain off any water that accumulates. Leaving about a tablespoon in the bottom.
Add in the bag of veggies. Now Taylor Farms makes these bags of prepped stir fry veggies. I find them in my local grocery store. They have several different options but this is the one I chose. You can pick whichever one you like based on the veggies. The original recipe calls for a bag of prepare colslaw but I think this has so much more veggie options and feels lighter and healthier!



Once the veggies have wilted and cooked a bit you can add in the sauce. The bag of veggies comes with a sauce packet. You can choose to use that or I put the sauce ingredients up top you can use those instead.
Put int a bowl, top with sriracha and enjoy. You can also top white rice with this mix for a larger meal!

It really does taste like the inside of an egg Roll!

Comments

Most Popular Posts