Chocolate mousse

I’ve said this before but I love chocolate.
It’s a weakness and my diet doesn’t like that very much.
But there are ways around that!
I’ve come up with a chocolate mousse recipe you are going to love!
It’s so rich you’d think the calories really stack up but you can eat this guilt free!

So sorry I don't have a picture I ate it too fast!

Chocolate Mousse

1 can of coconut milk
1/8 to 1/4 a cup of cocoa powder (I use carob powder because of an allergy)

This takes a bit of preparation but if you think ahead of your craving it’s not so bad!
Take your can of coconut milk and turn it upside down in the fridge. It needs to stay there at least over night. My tip is that as soon as you get the can from the store, keep it in the fridge. Then you’ll have one ready for whenever you want it!
Once the can has sat overnight you are ready to make your mousse.
Turn the can but right side up and open it. Carefully scoop off just the fat thick creamy part of the can. The bottom half will be thin coconut water. I’ll show you another recipe you can use that for!
Put the thick cream in a bowl and whip it for a few minutes using a whisk. It will help it stabilize and build a little body. Once it’s at the consistency you like add the cocoa powder and whisk it in till it’s nice and smooth.
This can now be eaten just like this or you can stick it back in the fridge for later. It’s good for a couple days which is good because this makes at least two portions.
Eat chocolate!

Most Popular Posts