Healthy Fruit Snacks!

If you’re anything like me, fruit snacks are super addicting. I love the texture and I love the sweetness and all the fruity flavors. If I bought one of the expensive boxes of snacks, I would consume all those packages in one sitting.
That’s not healthy or great of my budget!

I decided to see what it would look like if I made my own fruit snacks.
After a little reworking of a recipe I finally came up with something that works really well!
You could add any flavor you wanted and the texture is really great. Chewy just like I like the originals. And not only do they not break the bank but they don’t break your diet either!




Fruit snacks

One cup of juice (I used grape but you could pick something healthier as well! Even tea works great!)
One box of gelatin (that’s a little more than 3 Tablespoons)
One T. Of honey. (Or whichever sweetener you prefer or no sweetener!)

This is super simple. You can’t mess it up!
Heat up the liquid of your choice in a sauce pan slowly.
Pour the gelatin on top of the liquid and let it sit a minute without stirring it.
Whisk in the gelatin until it is all dissolved and combined.
Pour into silicone molds (any shape) or a 9x9 glass baking dish. This will give you a snack not too thick if you choose not to use silicone molds.
Let it sit in the fridge at least two hours to set up.
Once they are set up you can either pop them right out of the molds or take the big slab out of your dish and slice it up into little snack size cubes.
These can stay in a container in the fridge for several weeks depending one kind of juice you used. I bet they won’t last that long though!

Most Popular Posts