Diners, Drive-in's and Dive's

I have always been a big fan of Food Network, especially the show Diner's Drive-in's and Dive's.


So, I have made it my goal to go to as many as possible whenever I am around them. There are hundreds and I have only made it to four but that seems like a good start! 

The first I ever went to was Rick's White Light Diner in Frankfort, Ky. 
 It's this tiny little diner that serves cajun food and boy is it good! The chef is awesome and has a lot of fun. We sat at the barstools right up front and he talked and joked with us the whole time while he cooked which was great. The thing to get there would for sure be his famous Shrimp Po Boy. It was fresh and tasted so good. You could tell everything was homemade including the bread! 


The next place I went to was Crazee Burger in San Diego California. 

This is also a really fun place! I bit bigger than the first one but all of their burgers are amazing. The gator burger has the top spot in Guy Fieri's list of top 15 burgers he's ever had! When I went there  got the Dansk burger which was this yummy bleu cheese and I loved it! Perfect! 
  

The third one I have been to was The Corvette Diner also in San Diego California! (If you want to go to a lot of good Diner's, Drive-in's and Dive's go there). 
This was the most fun place I think I've ever eaten at! There is a ton going on and the decoration are great! All the waiters are dressed like the 50's and the sing and dance pretty frequently. They also love to put straws in your hair and mess around with everyone. The food is also really good! I had the mushroom swiss burger and it was delicious! Plenty to eat! 


The most recent one I have been to was The Parkette Drive-in in Lexington, Ky. 
What's cool about this place is it looks exactly like it did when it was first built back in 1951. The actual movie drive-in part has closed and this place just reopened in 2010 after being closed for almost 20 years but it's kicking again and the burgers are great diner food! The poor boy was their original and is was I got while I was there as well. This is also on Guy's list of top 15 burgers coming in at number 7. Btw get the onion rings, they are so good! 


So, that's as far as I have made it but I know you will see  more restaurant posts in the near future! 

Comments

Most Popular Posts